Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rick Santorum's daughter with Trisomy 18

I came across this article on LifeSiteNews for Rick Santorum's daughter who has Trisomy 18.

Rick Santorum is a GOP presidential candidate. He did a recent video about his daughter with Trisomy 18, who is 3 years old.

I am not posting this for any political reason.  

I'm simply sharing it to share what Rick Santorum talks about in regards to his daughter with T18.

It's so sad that his wife and he were told to prepare for their daughter's death after she was born, instead of help her. While it is true many babies born with Trisomy 18 die shortly after birth, there are some who live for years.

Rick says in the video, they decided to focus on her living. And, from the video, she looks like she is thriving.



Country Girl Designs

2 comments:

Becca said...

I saw this yesterday, too - very interesting!

My Little Wonders said...

Thank you for posting ... I had no idea! I shared the YouTube video on my blog as well. I love how he spoke of his daughter. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails