Saturday, August 7, 2010

PROMPT Commands

The PROMPT commands I am sharing here are the ones we use and have learned from Osiyyah's ST. There may be a slight variance in how each PROMPT is done from therapist to therapist. There's no saying whether this is the exact way every therapist trained in PROMPT does each command.

I just wanted to make sure that was clear for all, in case anybody might get confused if they here another way to do a command. And, if you do hear another way, I'd be glad to know!

I hope you all enjoy the PROMPT commands - I know I would've really enjoyed being able to go to a site to learn some of these. I will continue to post any new commands as soon as I learn them :).

Photobucket

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Alysha -But you can call me Lysh said...

I just had to stop by and leave you a REALLY BIG Thanks :D Your blog & all the time you've invested in helping other families has been such a huge blessing & educating tool in my life. Thank you for all your time & for the willingness to share all your findings. Your blog award is 100% earned (I think you should have been #1, but 2 ain't bad :) Keep up the great job Q...we moms need you & God for sure knew what He was doing by placing O so perfectly where he belongs in your family. God bless, Alysha

Unknown said...

WE absolutely LOVE PROMPT therapy! You have to see it to believe it. It's like programming in the proper muscle usage to the nervous system. Once or twice, and the kid has GOT it down. Etel didn't have much ST before age 5. When I heard there was a PROMPT trained person here in town, I tried her out…skeptical me….but It's like a miracle watching this lady work with her. She teaches me the prompts for the ones Etel doesn't get right away (so consequently I only know the prompts for Thank You and lip rounding!) anyway, HIGHLY RECOMMEND PROMPT therapy - just forget about the traditional stuff. Also if you therapist has studied Communicating Partners or HANEN mode of interacting, that is an extra bonus!! best, Liora in Beiing China

Related Posts with Thumbnails